Sunday, April 21, 2013

A New Normal for Denver




In Denver, it's the beginning of Utopia, smoke is thick, times are good, but then someone started shooting. And then it becomes noticeable - there are no responsible adults around:


"There was a gentleman on the floor, lying there, and he was not moving," Forduno said. "It was chaos."

Dean Zimmerman was among those who rushed to help the man who was lying on the ground saying, "man, I'm hit, I'm hit. He was cool about it." [cool about it, well yes, I suppose it's good to be cool about it]

Zimmerman was covered in the victim's blood after the man was taken to the hospital.
"I was talking to him, telling him, you're gonna be OK, you're gonna be OK," Zimmerman said. [yes, that's what the trauma surgeons do - say over and over, "you're gonna be ok, you're being really cool about this, you're gonna be ok, be ok]

Can you imagine being a cop, things need to be handled, people need to get moved, made safe... and you're herding cats, and a vague faced dude in a tie-dyed t-shirt is demanding,, "wait a minute, wait a minute, I feel like there's something I need to do and this will be ok. Just let me uh think for a minute."

OK, so we've identified one problem that can result from large numbers of people voluntarily invalidating themselves. To paraphrase Jaws: "We're going to need a bigger nursery."




0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg