Friday, April 29, 2005

Ribbit-ribbit-boom

I've only seen the headlines, I haven't read any of the stories yet,
on the exploding German toads. (the headlines are the best part
usually, and often times the story is a let-down) But I might just have to
click on this Yahoo story:

Birds May Be Behind Exploding German Toads AP - Thu Apr 28, 9:02 PM ET Sent 125 times

BERLIN - Why are toads puffing up and spontaneously exploding in northern Europe? It began in a posh German neighborhood and has spread across the border into Denmark. It's left onlookers baffled, but one German scientist studying the splattered amphibian remains now has a theory: Hungry crows may be pecking out their livers....


I don't want to click right away, I'd rather ruminate on it all
day. The headline writers often mislead in a fantastic direction, only
correcting the false impression towards the end of the story, but it's fun
to imagine what in tarnation they could possibly have that would justify
the headline. I think I'll save this one for dessert.

Yupdate....
Well that was a let-down. The crows peck out their livers then they puff-up
and expurgigrate themselves? Not sure if expurgigrate is a real word. Probably
not, seeing as I just made it up, but it sounded more plausible than exgutrify,
insideoutificate.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg