Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fishing For Bigots at Nascar

sent to dateline@nbc.com

Dear highly ethical newspeople,

I was wondering why you don't just hire actors to play the
bigots at nascar events in your new planned-news exposé? I mean,
you know what you're looking for right? Of course you can find
any behavior you want in a crowd of fifty thousand, but why go
looking for it? Sure, you can have your "innocent" Muslims
scowling and staring down patrons before you start filming, but
what if only one patron in twenty takes the bait? That might
mean that you have to go through 100 people just to find the
5 "typical" a-holes you need to prove your point. I'm sorry,
not "prove your point," I meant to say, "before you regretfully
come to your conclusion."

Think about it. For a nominal fee, I can provide you with some
pretty scary guys. We'll be as crude as you require and we
all have our own wife-beater t-shirts. I wouldn't need a
fortune to do this; just beer for the event and enough money
to pay for getting my Evinrude repaired. (hit a stump)

Get back to me,
We'll make news by golly,
Rodger Thomas

No response from them yet.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg