Monday, April 10, 2006

You tell 'um Ben

From Newsbusters:

Ben Affleck: Bush 'Can Be Hung' for 'Probably' Leaking Plame's Name
Posted by Brent Baker on April 8, 2006 - 02:16.

Reminiscent of Al Franken on the Late Show last October, on Friday's Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO, actor Ben Affleck charged that President Bush “probably also leaked” Valerie Plame's name and so “if he did, you can be hung for that! That's treason!” In full rant, an apoplectic Affleck asserted: “You could be killed. That's not a joking around Tom DeLay 'I'll do a year, I bribed the state officials with corporate money.' That's like they shoot you in the battlefield for doing that.”

Cheese und crackers, doesn't anybody read anymore?
And this is after Bill Sammon told him:
Bill Sammon, Washington Examiner: “A lot of critics are conflating the two and are saying that because Bush disclosed this piece of information, they're implying that Bush leaked the name.”

Ben Affleck: “He probably also leaked the name. There's just no proof of that.”

Sammon: “Even the prosecutor, even Fitzgerald is saying Bush didn't leak the name."

Way to ruin every movie I ever might want to see you in
again Ben. You're a tool.

OK, (via Belmont Club, and many other places) there's an antidote
to Affleck's bile at Families United. Just a snip:
I was angry when Robert was killed, but I have taken my anger and turned it into something positive. I proudly support our troops every Wednesday at a support rally in Plymouth and work with the local VFW Post 1822 sending packages to our troops overseas. I fight for benefits for the soliders and their families. I've done news conferences with Governor Mitt Romney. I wonder why the media will not run stories about how much good the troops are doing, as well as the work we are doing for the military. They need to keep up their morale. We are making a difference in Iraq.

There is a hospital that was built in Kuwait City. It is called the SFC Robert Rooney Triage Center. I receive letters and pictures from soldiers over there who we don't even know. Frequently they thank my husband, a man they knew less than a year. I would love to send these soldiers newspaper articles with positive stories about the war effort at home and let them know that the American people support their mission.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg