Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Antijacks

I ran across this image while looking for something else and my first thought was, "my God, someone has developed a camera lens that can see all the way to heaven."

Imagine my surprise then, when I found out that this was an ad for a wacko anti-tree cutting group. Oh why do they tease?

Anyway, they are apparently upset with Victoria's Secret catalogs. Remember those catalogs? I do. In fact, I think the Victoria's Secret catalog is still the official textbook for the state mandated sex-ed program in Texas. I grew up with that catalog. And these people want to see it done away with? Insanity.

I looked over their site. And there was lots of information on how to organize your own protest. Many of the gallery photos showed young committed crazy folks passing out flyers, printed I'm sure on exempted paper. Exempted, as in Al Gore Exempted Jet Fuel. See, it's for us, and we're nobler than you, so our paper/gas doesn't count. And how dare you notice anyway!

Ah well, let them fuss. One thing I know won't happen. They won't stop those catalogs. It's the one bit of junk mail that people don't, well guys don't, mind getting.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg