Wednesday, January 10, 2007

AFP

It's fun to play spot-the-bias in AFP articles. This one is about the proposal to use federal dollars to destroy embryos. (See? There's my bias, I could have said, "the proposal to use federal dollars to cure horrible diseases.") Anyway, what jumped out at me is a small thing but I think it indicates where the writer's head is at:

Yet the new offensive in Congress against the funding restrictions appears destined for a second presidential veto, the bill's co-authors acknowledged Tuesday.

And despite their strong majority, the Democrats do not have enough Republican allies backing the measure to muster the two-thirds majority need to override a presidential veto in both chambers of Congress.

Strong majority? The Dems have a majority but it's about as slim as you can get. Like I said, a small thing - maybe just wishful thinking?



0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg