Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day




I hope everyone found time to honor our veterans and remember the fallen this weekend. As for those who tried to use Memorial Day for political advantage: screw um. They're beneath contempt.

We did the usual BBQ thing. Friday, to kick start the weekend, I repaired a machine used in the manufacture of weapons. American weapons. Course, I do that probably twice a week, it's part of my job, but Friday it occurred to me to be proud to do it. Mainly though I was proud of the Marines who were exercising and goofing around nearby. I pray for them often. And have, ever since the day four years ago when they laid out chemical weapons suits to be checked and made ready. Bless them in your prayers. It doesn't have to be Memorial Day to do it.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg