Saturday, December 05, 2009

Mr Beasley's First Snow





Don't ever think that training doesn't count. I've been training the new dog for months now, and today was testing day. I wanted to see if I could get him to bound out the door at the usual 20 miles an hour, hit the snow, look dumbfounded, slide sideways for ten or so feet, and then, just before sliding off the end of the porch, and dropping the foot into the garden, look back at me for help; as if some last minute instructions from me could somehow turn this thing around. And I have to say he executed the maneuver perfectly. Plus he had the presence of mind to let out a little yip of complaint as he fell into the herbs.

Oh sure, to someone who didn't know what was going on the whole thing looked like an energetic puppy learning Newtonian physics, but I assure you: we meant to do that.

The real trick will be getting him to do it again tomorrow morning.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg