Saturday, December 19, 2009

Votes Bought


Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) secured the pivotal 60th vote after acceding to the demands of Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) for tighter restrictions on insurance coverage for abortions, along with money for his home state and breaks for favored health-care interests.

Do people really go to the polls and vote for a candidate because he got money for their state at the expense of the rest of the country? I don't know about anyone else but I don't want more than is my share. Not for my state; not for me personally. I mean, just be straight with me, don't send my money to Nebraska just because their vote was needed.

And hey, Nebraskaites: who's to say you won't end up net losers on this deal? When your healthcare goes wrong, will you be comforted knowing that Nelson secured extra money for your state?

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg