Saturday, February 06, 2010

Where's Waldo



Can you find Waldo in this picture? (hint: his lifeless body is under three feet of snow) No, this is actually my back yard. You can see I've taken the precaution of putting protective cushions on the table, barbecue, and hanging plants.

Not only have we shot past 30 inches; this snow seems heavier than most. And it's a real chest-clutcher to shovel -- last night in the twilight I stood on the porch and listened to the intermittent wail in the distance as another, then another, shoveler went down. The cardiac care unit must be standing room only.

The good news is that we've still got power. So I'll find out about it if Obama makes the expected announcement that in order to solve the unemployment problem we should all shovel our neighbor's driveway. Think about it, it's bound to work, it's a no-brainer. (and the president is uniquely qualified to make those kinds of decisions)

CABIN FEVER index: 75 (light to moderate hallucinations, but not talking to the furniture yet)

***Update: Woah, apparently I'm Jonah Goldberg:



I thought I woke up smarter this morning.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg