Friday, September 30, 2011

They Still Want My Money


Joe Biden is writing me now:

If you're going to be a part of history in 2012, it's time to get off the sidelines.

So, before midnight, will you chip in what you can and say you're in?

Whenever I hear the administration invoke history or historic self referentially, the Hindenburg disaster comes to mind.

And on the subject of self-reference; what is this: "If asking a billionaire to pay the same rate as a plumber or a teacher makes me a warrior for the middle class, I wear that charge as a badge of honor.”

Wait a minute. Who "charged" you with being a warrior for the middle class?

And back up to the beginning. Billionaires pay a higher rate than plumbers and teachers. And you want them to pay the same rate? Seems to me you're going the exact opposite direction from the middle-class warrior one.

But now we know where we stand:
  • Nobody accused you of being a warrior of any kind.
  • You're possibly historic, but that may not be a good thing.
  • We have progressive tax rates and billionaires pay a higher rate than plumbers.



0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg