Wednesday, January 04, 2012

I Feel Old




Wow, via presurfer, I learn that the Commodore 64 is 30 years old this week. This was my first computer. Not everyone thought it was a computer though; I remember a salesman in a DOS PC shop saying, "no, this is a computer shop, we don't sell accessories for toys here. Try Toys R Us." Actually, I think I still have the "toy".

Out of curiosity I checked e-bay: You can buy some commodores for $19.99 so, not antique prices yet. You can get $29.99 for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy though. I checked and yup, I still have my copy of Hitchhikers. It comes on a floppy the size of a dinner plate. It's a text based adventure game written by Douglas Adams himself. I never got halfway through, I'm sure.

Darn it. I have to go to work but now I've talked myself into trying to set up the old beast to see if the game still works.

New year - same old stuff.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg