Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fashion Statement



If I worked in an office, I would just start showing up in one of these masks every day. Wearing a mask wouldn't be great; the great part would be in refusing to explain myself. Maybe refuse to even admit that I was wearing one. "What mask? I'm not wearing a mask. You are."

It would disrupt office operations and drive my supervisor crazy. Course, a diabolical super genius supervisor would instantly recognize that ignoring me would ruin everything, and I'd be stuck wearing an itchy mask all day for nothing.

Perhaps I'd be stubborn and just continue the habit for years. There would be an unspoken conflict; a test of wills and that would go on until one of us retired. The boss might even quietly go insane from the pressure.

I suppose once I could tell that the mask was being accepted, I could hire someone to take my place. (at a lower salary) Then I'd be free to go back to cutting down trees for a living. Call it mask arbitrage, buying cheap masked office workers over here and selling them over there for a profit.

It's probably a good thing I don't work in an office. I'd be thinking about these things all day.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg