Monday, July 16, 2012

The Business That Guy and I Built



By now you've probably heard it:

If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. -Barack Obama

So NOW you tell me about this other person? Because I started my business working in the middle of the night so that I could save the money I needed for tools and equipment. I kept my day job and slept in the gaps. If I had known I had that helper I sure would have given him some of the load.

Maybe the guy who really built my business could have gotten the insurance policy, or the accountant, or even registered with the county for me. Maybe he could have made the rounds giving out my business cards. Maybe he could have read the contracts, or bought the truck.

Color me stupid then, because this guy who built my business didn't even make a pot of coffee. And I was too clueless to complain.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg