Monday, June 25, 2007

Supermarket


I was in the supermarket thinking...... would lite-soysauce be in the low sodium, or the Asian, or possibly even in the organic section? I didn't want soysauce, I just was thinking about it. And the thought struck me: why not have a regular-guy section: Where the potato chips would have lots of salt, and be so greasy they needed drip pans under the shelves. Where nothing was reduced fat. Where nothing had vitamins added. Where the salt crunched under your feet as you walked down the aisle. Where everything was "Original Recipe." I mean there was a reason for the original recipe, right? That was what made someone want to sell the food in the first place. Hey, this tastes good, let's sell it. Nobody said, hey this tastes good, let's make it with less salt and sell it.

The other thing I was thinking about was the bakers. What are the chances of running into a dyslexic baker? And if you could find one, would a baker's dozen be 31 doughnuts?

Mmmmm, doughnuts.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg