Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Horrors of Beef


Su Taylor, or a bunch of typing cows pretending to be Su Taylor said:

Su Taylor, the press officer for the Vegetarian Society, told New Scientist: "Everybody is trying to come up with different ways to reduce carbon footprints, but one of the easiest things you can do is to stop eating meat."
It just goes on, and on, and on, doesn't it? Apparently Japanese scientists (what would we do without them) found:
Producing 2.2lb of beef generates as much greenhouse gas as driving a car non-stop for three hours, it was claimed yesterday.
OK, so next time I eat a 2.2 pound steak, I'll feel guilty. In fact, right here I'm going to make a pledge to limit my steaks to just 20 or 24 oz.s. And I promise to always ask for a baked potato with sour cream and butter with my steak so as to fill me up and keep me from being tempted to order a second steak. It's a pledge. Hey, I feel like an eco-warrior already.

Also pretty cool is the fact that Al Gore is with me on this one. In fact, this may be the one area in which Al Gore is more eco-friendly than me. He burns hundreds of times more jet fuel than me, hundreds of times more heating fuel, and he beats me in just about every other area of consumption, but by golly, the man has made the switch over to a total Cinnabon diet so you can't say he isn't trying.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg