Friday, November 07, 2008

I Get Mail


Priest's last request

An old priest who for years had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital, lay dying in the hospital. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see Barack Obama and Joe Biden before I die," he whispered.

"I'll see what I can do, Father," replied the nurse, and she respectfully forwarded the request to the DNC and waited for a response.

Surprisingly, soon the word arrived. Obama and Biden would be delighted to visit the priest.

As they made their way to the hospital, Obama commented to Biden, "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but the media coverage will certainly help our images."

Biden couldn't help but agree.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Biden's hand in his right hand and Obama's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the ancient cleric's face.

Finally Biden spoke, "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

Taking a deep breath, the old priest painfully replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior."

"Amen," said Obama.

"Amen," said Biden.

The old priest continued, "He died between two lying thieves and I would like to do the same."

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg