Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just a Thought


OK, I didn't vote for him, but now he's going to be president, so I really do wish Obama well. Or put that another way, I wish me well, so I'll be happy if somehow Obama can swoop in and rescue this economy from the toilet. You go, guy.

On the other hand, and in the spirit of well-wishing, I would urge Obama to retire at this point. Think of it. He's at his peak. He can retire now and be proclaimed the greatest president who ever lived.

No really. He's the amazing lawyer who never did much lawyering. He's the astounding Senator, who spent less time actually working there than John Kerry spent in Vietnam. Why not be the most wonderful president ever, without ever taking the oath? I can hear Chris Mathews lamenting the end of an era now. You know the tributes will be unceasing. It's a win-win-win situation. He wins, we win, Joe Biden wins.... Oh, Joe Biden.

Darn it, scrap that plan.

On the up side. If Obama really does serve, he'll be dealing with an Al-Qaeda that has called him a "house-negro," so maybe, just maybe, it will become ok to hate Al-Qaeda again.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg