Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spotty Participation


Darn, a Day Without Gay came and went and I was oblivious. Just as well, I was kinda under the impression that everyone was supposed to go around all somber.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A daylong work stoppage for which people were encouraged to call in "gay" to express support for same-sex marriage drew spotty participation Wednesday, with some gay rights activists praising the event and others questioning its value.

People who opted to take the day off from their jobs as part of the national "Day Without a Gay" were encouraged to perform community service, and charitable organizations across the country said they had volunteers showing up.

My first thought: "But who will arrange the flowers?"

Second thought: "Why weren't either of my two contacts at the weapons manufacturing installation at work today?" I'll have to make an effort not to crack wise when I next see them.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg