Saturday, January 31, 2009

Who Remembers Billy Beer?



Remember Billy Carter? He may have been responsible for my conflicted feelings towards his brother Jimmy. Intellectually, I'm still waiting for Jimmy Carter to say the first right thing. He hasn't yet redeemed himself, or really, he hasn't even deemed himself yet. But emotionally, I find myself pulling for him, wanting him to get it right for once.

The reason for that is partly because, back in the day, he came across as at least sincere. Wrong, but sincere. And partly, I feel that way because of his Brother Billy. Can you imagine waking every day, ready to run the country, concerned about Americans held hostage, important questions to decide -- but mainly worried that your brother is off dancing naked and drunk somewhere, celebrating the money the Libyans gave him?

So anyway, Obama might be in a similar situation. CNN says his brother has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana. Rut-roh.

I doubt George Obama's troubles will give me any sympathy for his brother though. Like Jimmy, Barack makes all the wrong choices; but unlike Jimmy, there is no sincerity. Just a cold and calculating thirst for power.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg