Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Conflicted



Well that's just great. According to a new study, the best job is: mathematician, the worst: lumberjack.

According to the study, mathematicians fared best in part because they typically work in favorable conditions -- indoors and in places free of toxic fumes or noise...

Yeah, not to mention the groupies.

They also aren't expected to do any heavy lifting, crawling or crouching -- attributes associated with occupations such as firefighter, auto mechanic and plumber.

Well there you have it. But what if you like crawling, crouching, and heavy lifting? Which, I do, except possibly for the crouching, and maybe the lifting, but the crawling... you know, I don't mind so much.

Hey, here's the deal: if you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. When, well if, I finally retire, I'd rather not look back at the money I've made and be proud; I'd like to look back over the work I've done and want to do it all over again. Course, it's noon so I'd better get started.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg