Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No-Fly Guys


I think at the very least, when you catch some guy testing the system, he should say hello to mister potato in a sock. You know these guys are just looking for security weaknesses:

Security sources say an Egyptian was stopped last Saturday as he tried to board an American Airlines flight to Miami. A man from Saudi Arabia was banned from boarding a United Airlines flight to Chicago the next day and sent back to Saudi.

The incidents and the raised threat level follow the failed Christmas Day bombing on a plane over Detroit.

Anti-terror officials said the past week had seen an "unusually high" number of people on their no-fly list trying to board US-bound planes.

Also, re that no fly list, can you imagine how your life would change if you got on it? (either for cause, or by mistake) Places you can fly to in 4 or 5 hours would be a week away by car.

I remember while working in Utah, I got an afternoon call that my wife had appendicitis. (which turned out fine by the way) By 9:00 that evening I was standing in her hospital room in D.C., realizing that I still had parts and tools from the Utah job in my coat pocket. If it weren't for airlines, I wouldn't have seen her until after she had her appendix out and had gone home from the hospital. Heck, without airlines, I couldn't have worked in other states, at all. (much less ones that were at the other end of the country)

And there are a million names on that list? I'd be pretty ticked-off if I ended up on the list by accident. It would be like being transported back to the 1930's when it took six months to plan a cross country trip.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg