Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Foot, and $700 Shoe, in Mouth


I have to wonder if Obama thought this one through:

Now that progress has been made, [Obama] said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

What? Sit in the back?

Never mind the fact that the first black president doesn't see the Rosa Parks flavor of his remarks. Because there's a Rosa Parks answer that I imagine the president also forgot, or never heard: "It just happened that the driver made a demand and I just didn't feel like obeying his demand. I was quite tired after spending a full day working."

So anyway, if you see the president pointing you towards the back of the bus on November 2, tell him, "Um, no."

Anyway, the second, and more important, thing that I noticed in that Obama quote was that he thinks the middle class and Republicans are two different groups. What if you're a middle class Republican? How do I get fair treatment from a president that doesn't even know I exist?

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg