Monday, March 21, 2011

No Pictures


US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civilians

Commanders brace for backlash of anti-US sentiment that could be more damaging than after the Abu Ghraib scandal....


That's all you need to know. For half a second I thought that this will force a bit of reality onto those who just knew that Bush policies caused Abu Ghraib. But really, I see no upside. When you've got people trying to kill each other, civility suffers. This stuff happens, and at least our guys haven't made anything to rival the Jihadi snuff films.

Could this be a teachable moment for "progressive" dunderheads? They haven't been able to admit that there's a reason for Guantanamo yet, even though their president had to. I doubt they'll learn anything from this.

It's a bad thing for the country though. I think we can agree on that. The pictures? I don't need to see them. Amazing how easy it is to ignore the urge to look at the car wreck, once you've done it once or twice. If I see these pictures, it'll be by accident.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg