Thursday, March 15, 2007

International Howard

So Obama thinks Edwards is "kind of cute."

I'm going to call that none of my business. What I think is cute is Howard Dean saying, "I am trying to build relationships with other governments in preparation for a Democratic takeover.." How hard that must be. Like the John Kerry at Davos performance; Mea culpa, or more accurately, Busha culpa diplomacy.

Anyway, reading about Dean reminded me of this exchange:

JEREMY SCAHILL: Governor Dean, why did you say in March 2003 that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction? Governor Dean? Why did you say --

HOWARD DEAN: I thought he did.

JEREMY SCAHILL: What intelligence did you base that on?

HOWARD DEAN: Talks with people who were knowledgeable, including a series of folks that work in the Clinton administration.

JEREMY SCAHILL: Were you wrong?

HOWARD DEAN: Maybe. I don't know. Probably not the best time to talk about it.
Something to keep in mind the next time Dean goes into bushlied mode. It was the clintonlied that lead him astray.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg