Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Foot in Mouth

I'd been looking for the video of this; should have known the amazing MM would have it.

".....as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen
heroes - and I see many of them in the audience here today... "


Reverence for those fallen heroes is all that prevents me from doing the obvious photoshop of the candidate addressing an audience of the undead in uniform. It would be involving them in this stupidity, know what I mean? Anyway, the fact that Obama said this makes me wonder if he knows what "fallen" means, and what Memorial Day is about.


The rest of the speech is a pathetic embarrassment as well. Using the occasion of Memorial Day to advance your own political ambitions takes a special lack of class. Sure Obama, your suits are nice, I'm sure you use the proper fork for the salad, your passport is well used, and your dinner conversation sparkles. But class? Nope.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg