Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sean Penn Again


How lucky are we that Sean Penn came along in our lifetimes? Really, the guy is just a genius:

”I don't have a candidate I'm supporting and I'm certainly interested and excited by the hope that Barack Obama is inspiring,” he said, but went on to accuse him of a “phenomenally inhuman and unconstitutional” voting record.

”I hope that he will understand, if he is the nominee, the degree of disillusionment that will happen if he doesn't become a greater man than he will ever be,” Penn said.
What eloquence, “phenomenally inhuman and unconstitutional” voting record. Most of us didn't even realize there were degrees of inhumanity. And me, ha! meat-head me, I never suspected that there were unconstitutional ways to vote. And "if he doesn't become a greater man than he will ever be,” now there's one to ponder.

Maybe we aren't lucky. Maybe lucky would have been to live in a time when Sean Penn went into medicine and cured cancer, AIDS, and whatever that disease is that Michael Jackson's got. If we'd really been lucky, Penn would have joined NASA and you'd be reading this on Moon Base One, before going out for a round of supergolf.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg