Friday, May 16, 2008

Gay Matrimony, Not Just Getting Really Drunk at the Reception



Truth is, I don't really have a dog in this fight. Gay couples that get married in California really don't affect my marriage, or the institution, as far as I can see. In my opinion, it's not really the same thing, though I'm sure there are aspects of committed gays' marriages that are the same as the hetero variety. Anyway, for now, it's legal in California:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - California's Supreme Court declared gay couples in the nation's biggest state can marry - a monumental but perhaps short-lived victory for the gay rights movement Thursday that was greeted with tears, hugs, kisses and at least one instant proposal of matrimony.
One difference, and it's not such a small thing: gay marriages would side-step one problem that is often an issue with young hetero marrieds, ie the whole toilet-seat-up-down imbroglio. It took my wife and I months to iron that one out. We'd probably still be arguing if I hadn't removed the seats and plastered over the mounting holes.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg