Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MPs back creation of human-animal embryos


are you my meow-my?

Brave new world, here we come:
British scientists will be allowed to research devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s using human-animal embryos, after the House of Commons rejected a ban yesterday.

An amendment to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill that would have outlawed the creation of “human admixed embryos” for medical research was defeated in a free vote by a majority of 160, preserving what Gordon Brown regarded as a central element of the legislation.
Note the reason, it's just to "research devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s". So if you oppose this, well, you're a Parkinson's promoter. Like those monsters who opposed federal funding of fetal stem cell research. (which, by the way, I'm a twofer on this, I oppose them both, thereby, I'm sure, effectively killing Michael J Fox twice)

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg