Thursday, May 14, 2009

Inspiration in an Image



A bit of inspiration from a found photo, with the quote:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

What a quote, eh? And those must be the domes of St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, if I'm not mistaken. So the photographer is practicing what he preaches. Tell you what, I was so inspired by the photo that I immediately printed it out and took it to the dining room:


Really, we don't use the dining room that much any more so this was really catching the trade winds in my sails, so to speak. Expect more images like this in the coming months. I might take it to new restaurants, or maybe that new Cineplex -- hey, I'm just exploring outside the safe harbor. Don't try to hold me back. I'm out there man; footloose and free to dream.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg