Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Poor Samuel




That's how you can tell a real star; he doesn't even worry that people will notice him stomping on the small-fry local anchor. I saw this clip on one of those entertainment shows and the hosts were sympathetic to Mr Jackson's plight, especially a black female hostess who admitted, "This has happened to me too so I know it can hurt."  Bitch, please.

And Jackson's tantrum didn't really have to do with being mistaken for someone else. He knows that happens all the time. He must have been irritated about something else, and humiliating this B or C list white guy was a way to blow off steam; with the bonus of affording this very rich 1 percenter a chance to play the oppressed black man. 

From IMDb:

People shout at me "Hey, loved that "The Matrix", man!" Yeah - me too. I was actually on a plane last year and this guy sat down next to me. Finally he said something to me, and we started talking about Pulp Fiction (1994). He couldn't remember the actor's name, so I tried to help and said "I think it might have been Samuel Jackson." He jumped in "No, no, it's the other guy, that Fishburne guy". We rode the whole flight having that coversation and then, right at the end, he looked hard at me and said, "You sure look familiar, you're sure you're not Laurence Fishburne?" I said "No, and I definitely am not in "Pulp Fiction" either'."
-Samuel L. Jackson
People mistake me for Laurence Fishburne all the time. And he always gets mistaken for me. (And why not? We've both starred in Spike Lee movies, haven't we?) Even when we're standing together, people have called him by my name and me by his. A woman recently ran up to him and said, 'My daughter loved you in "Pulp Fiction"! Could she have your autograph?' So he signed it, 'Respectfully yours, Samuel Jackson.'
-Samuel L. Jackson
 Poor, poor Samuel Jackson. If I ever run into him I'll be sure to mistake him for Morgan Freeman.

"If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." 
- J. K. Rowling





1 comments:

Veeshir said...

I'll stick up for Jackson.

That "journalist" was woefully unprepared for that interview, he deserved to be slapped around.

Seriously, do a little research or don't say anything your teleprompter doesn't tell you to say.

fighting101s.jpg