Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SOTU Analysis


The genius of the plan lay in convincing the Democrats
that it was their idea to sit with Republicans.


It's a little early to come up with a complete analysis of the State of the Union Address, but I will say this: Having someone speaking on TV for well over an hour really makes it easy when you're trying to train your dogs to bark at them.

One observation, from WaPo's Jonathan Capehart:
And then, well, the speech started. Not President Obama's best. Then again, his best is anyone else's extraordinary.

Um, think about it... think about it... See?

And truth is, I only paid attention for a second. I came in as the president was talking, and I'll paraphrase: "and in Korea you know what they call their teachers? They call them nation builders..." as in "see how they have such a better attitude than us?" But does he want me to have a better opinion of teachers? Or does he want to throw more money at the teachers unions? I can assure you that I have a great respect for most American teachers... don't ask me what I think of their unions.

(and last note: that photoshop was awesome before I changed the paper on Kerry's back. Can you guess what my first choice was?)

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg