Thursday, January 20, 2011

Well I Post it Here Then


Don't you hate when you read an article, have a relevant comment to make, post it, and then see that there are already 19 pages of comments? I hate that. And, I just did it again on this article:

by Mark Weaver
WMAL.com

WASHINGTON -- The Governors Highway Safety Association says pedestrian deaths increased in the first half of 2010 and the First Lady's program to get Americans to be more active could be partly responsible.

Governors Highway Safety Administration spokesman Jonathan Adkins told 630 WMAL that Michelle Obama is "trying to get us to walk to work and exercise a little bit more. While that's good, it also increases our exposure to risk."


So OK, I accept that my comment will be lost in the multitude of less enlightened postings. But that doesn't mean you should suffer. Here, have some wisdom:

(1/20/2011 5:57:16 PM)
The article is misleading because it assumes that people have listened to Michelle and are walking more because of it. It's just not true.

It's true that on Michelle's organized walking events there have been more fatalities than you would expect, but that's because she dares people to dash across streets with their eyes closed. Most people won't try it but after near constant taunts of "chicken" someone will usually give in. The resultant accident always stops traffic; at which point Michelle will close her eyes and run past the scene shouting, "See? I can do it. I told you, I do it all the time."
- lumberjack


0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg